That's a good and complicated question.
A complicated question is just a question that is very hard to answer. The question might be complicated because the answer is difficult to understand, or because there are many factors to the question. Notice the following:
- One complicated question we all face is: what is the meaning of life?
- The teacher was good at answering complicated questions.
Oil paintings are technically complicated.
When something is technical, it requires special knowledge that most people do not have. Notice the following:
- Making a computer from parts is not as technically difficult as it sounds.
- For all technical questions, please ask the technician.
One disadvantage of oil paints is they dry slower.
When you have disadvantage, you have a situation that makes something more difficult to do than it could be. Here are some sample sentences.
- People with no education are at a disadvantage in life.
- The crowd gave the away team a disadvantage.
I take a cloth and completely rub it off.
When you rub something, you spread it around, often with a cloth or your hands. For example, you rub soap on your hands as you wash them. Notice the following:
- Could you rub suntan lotion on my back?
- You should rub sun screen on your face in summer.
I took it off the painting with a knife.
When you take something off, you remove it. Notice the following:
- Please take off your shoes before you come in the house.
- It was almost impossible to take the stain off the carpet.
I'm trying to appreciate the art.
When you appreciate something, you enjoy it very much or respect it. For example, you might appreciate the actions of other people if they need you. Notice the following:
- I appreciate you taking the time to come and see me.
- I really appreciate your artwork.