I am a huge fan of the Premier League.
When you are a huge fan, that means you are a really big fanatic of something. People can be a huge fan of a sport, music, movie, actor - actress, or food. Here are some sample sentences:
- Lois is a huge fan of David Beckham.
- My father is a huge fan of Real Madrid.
obsessed with (something)
You are so obsessed with soccer.
When you are obsessed with something, it is the only thing you can think about. You spend most of your time just thinking about this one thing. Here are some examples:
- I am obsessed with the TV show Lost. I watch each episode at least three times.
- I am obsessed with the fitness program Crossfit. I talk about it all the time.
It is getting out of hand
When something gets out of hand, that means it is becoming a problem. For example, if you love TV so much that you watch eight hours a day, then your habit is getting out of hand. When something gets out of hand, you lose control of it. Here is an example:
- Pizza again. This is getting out of hand. You need to eat something else.
Please keep this for future reference.
When you keep something for future reference, you keep it so you can use it later. Here are some sample sentences:
- Here is my work phone number for future reference.
- You should get to know him for future reference.
It just makes sense.
When something makes sense, it is usually the best way to do something. It is logical or the common sense way of doing it. Notice the following:
- It makes sense to take the bus to work. It is cheaper and faster.
- It does not make sense to buy a car with a credit card. The rates are too high.