It's company policy that we look business-like.
Company policy are just the rules of a company. Company policy often determines things like dress code, break times, and using company items. Notice the following:
- Company policy states we only get two weeks vacation a year.
- Due to a change in company policy, all men must now wear ties.
We have to wear a tie in summer, so it's crazy.
We often use the word 'crazy' to show that something is not logical or seems strange. People often say something is crazy when they do not agree with it. Notice the following:
- We have to work on Saturday. That's crazy!
- I think it's crazy that you don't know your girlfriend's last name.
You want to change your clothes by the time you get to work.
The phrase 'by the time' means 'just before' or 'when' something happens. We use the term 'by the time' to express the time something will coincide with another event. Notice the following:
- By the time the movie ends, I am usually asleep.
- I hope to finish by the time class finishes.
When you throw something out, you throw it away and stop using it. We often throw something out when it is too old to be useful anymore. Notice the following:
- I threw out the milk because it was old.
- Don't throw out those jeans. I still wear them.
The pants are worn out.
When something is worn out, that means it is no longer fit for use. Clothes are often worn out when they have holes in them. Notice the following:
- These shoes are all worn out. I need new ones.
- Faded, worn out jeans are now in style.