Fortunately, he was not fatally injured.
When something is fatal, that means it will cause death. Fatal is an adjective. The noun is fatality. Notice the following:
- The man was given two months to live because of his fatal disease.
- The fatal car accident has five fatalities.
Local eateries will follow suit.
When people follow suit, they follow the example of someone before them. The meaning comes from cards, where if one player plays a card of one suit (say a heart), the next player then must play a card with the same suit. Notice the following:
- After one man left the boring movie, many others followed suit. (They left too)
- Once one student started talking, others followed suit. (They started talking too)
The problem is still not resolved.
When you resolve a problem you take care of it so it no longer is a problem or a concern. Some sample sentences are as follows:
- Until this problem is resolved, no one is going home.
- Once the problem was resolved, everyone was happy.
The walk is expected to attract 1300 walkers.
When you attract people, you make them come to something because they are interested in it. Here are some sample sentences.
- The movie should attract big audiences.
- That university attracts many foreign students.
You can get 75% off last year's stock.
Stock is the extra supply a store has to sell to customers. Another word for stock in inventory. Some sample sentences are as follows:
- I am sorry but we are out of stock. I will have to order some more.
- We keep all of our stock in the warehouse.