I'm particularly into photo-journalism so digital is fast and it gives me all I need for photo-journalism. And some people say that it's starting to get better quality than films, so I think digital is the way forward in the future.
When I first started studying photography, I bought a film
To 'first start' something is to begin it for the first time. Notice the following:
- Did you make a lot of mistakes when you first started?
- Yoga was really difficult when I first started.
I bought myself a fairly good film camera.
If you 'buy yourself' something it means that you use your own money to buy something for you to use. Notice the following:
- I bought myself this new purse a few weeks ago.
- She buys herself all her shoes.
I bought a digital camera which I think can do just about
as well as
a film camera for most things.
A 'film camera' is a camera that uses a standard roll of film. A 'digital camera' doesn't use film, but stores the pictures digitally on a disk. Notice the following:
- I can't believe you still use a film camera.
- How many pictures can your digital camera hold?
I'm particularly into photo-journalism.
If you are 'particularly into' something you really like it. 'Photo-journalism' is a type of journalism where the photographs dominate and are more notable than the written information. Notice the following:
- He is particularly into cars right now.
- Do you enjoy photo journalism?
the way forward
I think digital is the way forward in the future.
'The way forward' is how something is progressing or changing now and will continue that way into the future. Notice the following:
- The way forward in transportation is hydro power.
- Digital books kind of seem like the way forward.