249 The Outfit
Jessica describes what she is wearing and where she bought it.
Todd: Jessica, I see you're wearing a cute outfit!
Jessica: Thanks Todd
Todd: OK, so where did you get you clothes?
Todd: Thanks, thanks. I think we're maybe not the same size.
Jessica: Right, right, a little different. Yeah, the slippers are kind of a nice touch to it. We have to wear slippers where we work, so even though we work inside a university building, and we go outside actually, everything's in slippers.
Todd: OK, so you got the slippers in the states?
Jessica: Yeah, I got the slippers in, because my feet are so humongous that I would not be able to get.
Todd: They're not that big!
Jessica: There size ten.
Todd: Ooh, that's
Jessica: That's pretty big.
Todd: Yeah, Yeah OK. Well, they look comfortable.
Jessica: They are. They are. They're like clogs.
Todd: OK, and where, the pants?
Todd: Express is a store?
Jessica: Is a store, in America, yeah. Just a, kind of, they're business, business casual.
Todd: How much did you pay?
Jessica: Ooh, too much I think! About 50 dollars U.S.
Todd: for pants?
Jessica: For pants, but they're
Todd: I've never paid 50 dollars for pants in my entire life.
Jessica: No! Really!
Todd: Well it shows, my fashion sense. And your shirt, your blouse?
Jessica: I got it from, from, Learners, which is also another store in the states, and this was like actually 35 dollars.
Todd: 35 dollars! You spend a lot of money on clothes.
Jessica: No, I don't though. I just, for business clothes. You have to have professional looking clothes so..
I see you're wearing a cute outfit.
An 'outfit' is a combination of clothes that you put on your body.Notice the following:
- This is one of my favorite outfits.
- I need to buy an new outfit for the party on Saturday.
The slippers are kind of a nice touch to it.
A 'nice touch' means a good addition, or an addition that makes something better than it was before. Notice the following:
- Her accessories always add a nice touch.
- The flowers on the table are a nice romantic touch.
My feet are so humongous, I won't be able to get a pair of slippers easily.
If something is 'humongous' it is really, really big. Notice the following:
- Living in countries where people are really short makes me feel humongous.
- These sandwiches are humongous.
I've never paid $50 for pants in my entire life.
Your 'entire life' is your whole life or the whole time you have been alive. Notice the following:
- He spent hi entire life studying and learning.
- They have lived in this town for their entire lives
It only shows my fashion sense.
A 'fashion sense' is an idea or opinion about what looks good together. Notice the following:
- He developed a fashion sense when he was very young and always went shopping for his own clothes.
- She has an interesting fashion sense and wears a lot of things that would look terrible on other people.