First of all, I would like to introduce som tam.
The phrase 'First of all' tells the listener they will hear many things. This phrase helps introduce a list of items. See examples below.
- First of all, let me start by thanking you for coming today to the meeting.
- First of all, you are late. Second of all, you are not dressed for work.Third of all, I think you are drunk.
The ingredients can be other types of fruit.
Ingredients are the types of food and spices you put into a dish. The ingredients of a pancake is flour, sugar and eggs. Here are some sample sentences.
- I only use fresh ingredients when I cook.
- I need to go shopping for ingredients before I can start cooking.
It is circular in shape.
When something is circular, it is shaped like a circle. It is similar to being round. Notice the following examples:
- He likes to make square hamburgers, not circular ones.
- Her pancakes are perfectly circular.
The dessert is extremely sweet.
Extremely just means 'very', but it is stronger in emphasis than 'very'. It is an adverb that goes in front of an adjective. Here are some examples:
- I am extremely happy with my test scores.
- The food is extremely spicy.
You can add minced pork to the dish.
When something is minced, it is chopped up very finely. Minced is usually used for cooking, but it can be used for other topics to. For example, if you tell someone, "Don't mince my words" you are telling them not to change what you said so the meaning is different. Notice the following examples:
- Tacos are often served with minced beef or chicken.
- Don't mince my words. That is not what I said.
Last but not least, let me thank Joe for helping me with the presentation.
The phrase, last but not least, means you are going to say one more thing, but it is just as important as things said earlier. It is a very common phrase used at the end of a presentation to add one more point. Notice the following examples:
- Last but not least, please do not forget to come to the party after the seminar.
- Last but not least, I want to talk about how we can improve sales.