Hello. My name is Shantel and I'm from California. Today's question is, if you won the lottery, what would you do?
Well, if I won the lottery I would pay off all the debt my friends and family have. Many of my friends and family have to pay for student loans and house mortgages, so I want to help them get out of debt. Because if they don't have debt, they'll have less stress and be able to live more freely.
If I won the lottery, I would have enough money to help them and I could donate the rest to charities around the world. And lastly, if I were rich I would start a collection of really old vintage cameras that I would take with me on my trips to help these charities around the world.
Second Conditional - Grammar Notes
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- I would quit my job. What would you do?
- I would move to the beach.
- I would do that too if I could swim!
- I would be very happy if I saw a full eclipse.
- If I saw a full eclipse, I would be very happy.
- If I were tall, I would try out for the basketball team.
- I would try out for the basketball team if I were tall.
- I'd be very happy if I saw a full eclipse.
- If you saved your money, you'd be rich.
- If they came to class more often, they'd pass.
- If we practiced more, we'd be pretty good.
- I could travel the world if I were a billionaire.
- If I spoke Spanish, I could work in Costa Rica.
- If you tried harder, you could get an A in the class.
- If you saved your money, you could afford to travel.
The more you listen, the faster you improve!
Gary and Gill are dreaming about being rich one quiet Sunday afternoon.