Matthew / Canada
Probably somewhere between six and seven hours a night. It depends what I'm doing in the evening, or what I have to do in the morning, but I usually go to bed not too late, but I usually have to get up pretty early so, usually around six or seven hours a night.
Lindsay / United States
I try to get eight hours of sleep but usually I only get six hours of sleep because I wake up probably every two or three hours because I grind my teeth and it wakes me up.
Eoin / England
I think probably I get about six or seven hours of sleep a night on average. Yeah, when I'm busy with stuff outside of work, like organizing concerts or just other stuff, I probably get less, maybe like four or five.
Lori / Canada
That depends on certain factors, but I'd say usually I get about seven hours of sleep, but I'm a pretty light sleeper, so if my neighbors are being noisy or having a party I usually don't get much sleep at all.
Amir / Iran
I sleep eight hours a night and I think that's exactly the time that I can wake up at the morning and feel good about myself, not feeling sleepy, and I can work very efficiently the rest of my day.
Aki / Japan
I try to get eight. Weekdays, maybe around seven, weekends, maybe about ten hours. I love sleeping. I love sleeping in. I love like watching TV in bed.
I usually go to bed not too late, but I usually have to get up pretty early.
'Pretty' is very commonly used to mean 'sort of' or 'kind of' or 'a little bit.' Here are two more examples:
- I’ve been studying English for many years but it’s still pretty bad.
- I thought the food was going to be terrible but it was actually pretty good.
I wake up probably every two or three hours because I grind my teeth and it wakes me up.
'Grinding' means crushing or rubbing two hard surfaces together. See the examples below:
- My coffee maker has a built-in grinder. I just put in the whole beans and it grinds them for me.
- Most black pepper is already ground up when you buy it.
I think probably I get about six or seven hours of sleep a night on average.
'On average' just means 'about' or 'approximately' when talking about numbers. A real average is a mathematical term that refers to a combination of numbers added together and then divided the number of numbers that were added together. Notice the following examples:
- On average, I drink about 3 cups of coffee everyday.
- I would say that on average I only drive 40 to 50 miles a week.
If my neighbors are being noisy or having a party I usually don't get much sleep at all.
'Being noisy' means being loud. See additional examples below:
- I can’t stand being around kids, they are always so noisy.
- Please stop being so noisy! You are driving me crazy!
I sleep exactly eight hours a night.
'Exactly' means that the number you gave is not more or less than that number. See additional examples below:
- When you take the bus, you need to bring 75 cents exactly because they don’t make change for a dollar.
- This sauce is vegetarian but it tastes exactly like meat
being noisy• exactly