SEA Travels -Thailand and Laos
Todd: Abidemi, what did you do for summer break?
Abidemi: For summer break, I went to visit some countries in Asia.
Todd: Oh, what countries?
Abidemi: I visited Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and Myanmar.
Todd: Oh, great. What did you do in each country?
Abidemi: In Thailand, I was there for about a week. I ate a lot of delicious food and I met a lot of many nice people. I loved Thailand, so I hope to return again.
Todd: What foods did you eat?
Abidemi: I don’t remember the names but I just remembered that they were all good. (Laughter)
Todd: Thai food is so good.
Todd: Did you go anymore in Thailand like the beach or the forest?
Abidemi: I was more interested in nature, so I traveled from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and Chang Rai, and I went trekking and rode elephants. So that was one of the highlights of my trip.
Todd: Oh nice. How long was the trek?
Abidemi: The trek was about a day. It was a trek for 2, 3 hours but then we also stayed overnight in a community in the hills. And then the next day, we trekked for a little bit to come back to the city.
Todd: Nice. So was Thailand the first stop?
Abidemi: Yes. It was my first stop. It was supposed to be the shortest stop but I loved it so much that I spent more time there.
Todd: After Thailand, where did you go?
Abidemi: From Thailand, I moved on by land to Laos.
Todd: And what did you do in Laos?
Abidemi: In Laos, I mainly was in the northern part of the country, and I went zip-lining.
Todd: Oh fun!
Abidemi: It was fun. So—
Todd: So zip-lining is going flying from tree to tree?
Abidemi: That’s correct. So that was about two days’ worth of zip-lining, and we stayed overnight in a big tree house.
Todd: Oh, how fun.
Abidemi: It was quite an experience.
Abidemi: I really enjoyed it.
- We watched a really good movie.
- I went to Nepal for a year.
- I played tennis when I was a kid.
- They bought a new house.
- He stayed home and studied.
- He worked late last night.
- She cooked a big dinner.
- He washed and ironed the clothes.
- I met Joe last night. (meet)
- We had dinner at the new cafe. (have)
- We ate their pasta. (eat)
- Later, we saw a movie. (see)
- It made me cry! (make)
- He bought dinner, so I paid for the movie. (buy/pay)
- What did you do on the weekend?
- I stayed home and studied.
- Where did Roy go on the weekend?
- He went to Devon.
- Who did you meet?
- I met Susan.
- I met Susan.
- Did you go out on Saturday?
- Yes, I did go out.
- No, I didn’t go out.
- Did you see Roy?
- Yes, I did.
- No, I didn’t.
- I did not have time to go to the party.
- I didn't have time to go to the party.
- She did not like her dinner.
- She didn't like her dinner.
- The trains did not leave on time.
- The trains didn't leave on time.
Grammar Focus - There is / There are
Grammar Focus - Be - Was / Were
Grammar Focus - Simple Past Tense
Grammar Focus - Articles
Grammar Focus - Quantifiers - Any / Some