Nicola: I'm gonna laugh!
Todd: OK. Hello!
Todd: Hi. What is your name?
Nicola: My name's Nicola.
Todd: OK, Nicola. Where are you from?
Nicola: I'm from Australia.
Todd: Australia! Great! And where are you from in Australia?
Nicola: I'm from a state called Queensland.
Todd: OK. What is Queensland like?
Nicola: It's pretty hot. There's a lot of beaches and a lot of rainforests.
Todd: Oh, rainforests, really!
Todd: Do you go in the rainforest often?
Nicola: Occasionally my friends and I go hiking there, but not that often.
Todd: OK. Are there really big snakes?
Nicola: Ahhhh..I haven't seen any yet.
Todd: OK, that's good. That's good. How do you feel about Australia?
Nicola: It's a beautiful place to live. I like travelling, so I like seeing other countries. But when I go home I am always happy to be there. OK. Yeah, that's nice. I kind of feel the same way about America.
Todd: How would you compare Australia and Japan?
Nicola: They are very different. Japanese people are quite busy, Australians are pretty laid back. OK. OK. I see we're just about out of time so anyway thanks.
Nicola: OK. Thank you.
Occasionally my friends and I go hiking.
If something happens 'occasionally' it does not happen very frequently. In the example, maybe they go hiking one time every two or three months. Notice the following:
- He eats fast food occasionally, even though he doesn't like it.
- Occasionally she wears a dress to work, but usually she wears
How do you feel about Australia?
How you 'feel' about a place are the emotions you have about it. Do you like it? Notice the following:
- Do you feel like going to a movie tomorrow?
- How do you feel about the new apartment?
I feel the same way about America.
If you feel the 'same way' as someone then you have agree with her feeling and have the same feelings. Notice the following:
- I really like you. Do you feel the same way about me?
- I feel the same way about high heeled shoes. They just
Japanese people are quite busy.
A 'busy' person has a lot to do in his life and doesn't spend a lot of time relaxing. Notice the following:
- Are you busy on Friday night? Do you want to go out for a
drink with me?
- I am going to be really busy this weekend.
Australians are pretty laid back.
A 'laid back' person is very relaxed and doesn't get stressed easily. Notice the following:
- He was really laid back until he started this new job.
- You should really try to be a little more laid back.