1183 Changes in Appearance
Maria talks about what she would consider changing about her appearance.
Maria: Well, I don't like to think about changing myself. I like how people look from the birth, if you can say that, but if I should choose I would like to change my height because I'm very tall and it does cause a problem when I'm looking for a guy especially since in the past I happen to fall for shorter guys and I got issues because they were always being intimidated by my height especially when I wore heels so I would like to be, like have my body because I do like my long legs but just be shorter and not be taller than everybody as I am at the moment, all of my friends.
Alex: I guess that would also lead to you having problems finding shoes and clothes and stuff like that?
Maria: Indeed, yes. I have to watch out. Well in my country it's not a problem to find shoe sizes because we are a very tall people normally so shoes are big and clothes are big but when I travel, I went to China to visit a friend and I wanted to go shopping and it's impossible to find shoes and long pants and fitting bras too, if you can imagine. So I would like to change my height but otherwise I might change like my weight for example or I have changed my hair color several times. I went from black to blonde to black to red to blonde so otherwise I think I'm fine with me.
cause a problem
It does cause a problem when I'm looking for a guy.
Some that 'causes a problem' creates a difficult situation for you. Notice the following:
- I would stay at your house, but I don't want to cause any problems for you guys.
- The fact that her boyfriend was a little older caused some problems for her parents.
I happen to fall for shorter guys
A person that you 'fall for,' is someone who you become romantically interested in. Notice the following:
- She falls for men quite quickly.
- He is always falling for beautiful women.
They were always being intimidated by my height.
When a person feels scared of or threatened by you, you can say that they feel 'intimidated.' We can feel intimidated by another person's abilities, size, looks, etc. Notice the following:
- He is only saying those things to intimidate you.
- I was always very intimidated by her, because she was so beautiful.
I guess that would also lead to you having problems finding shoes.
If one situation 'leads to' another situation, it causes or creates the second situation. Notice the following:
- Smoking can lead to cancer.
- Knee injuries can lead to a lifetime of problems.
I have to watch out.
Something you have to 'watch out' for is something you have to be careful of. Notice the following:
- Watch out for the dog at this house, because she is very aggressive.
- You really need to watch out for police when you are driving this time of night.
Below are some more great lessons!
leads • watch out