02 Bad Jobs
Hear six different people talks about jobs they would not want to have.
It’s a huge cliché.
A cliché is an overused idea or saying that once was original, but now is common. Notice the following:
- Working from a café is now so cliché.
- The phrase "Think outside the box" is now cliché.
It really immersed you in this whole world.
When you immerse yourself in something, you become deeply involved with it. Notice the following:
- I loved being immersed in water on a hot day.
- In the French immersion program, you live in Paris for two months.
It was a huge hype.
When something is hyped, it is heavily promoted or made known by all. Notice the following:
- The product was hyped on TV.
- There was a lot of hype for his new book, but it was just a dud.
get on the bandwagon
Everyone tried to get on the 3D bandwagon.
When people 'get on the bandwagon', they start to support something because it is becoming popular. Notice the following:
- During the World Cup, lots of fans get on the German bandwagon.
- Lots of people are getting on the Instagram bandwagon.
go too far
They went too far.
When something 'goes too far', it exceeds what people think is acceptable. Notice the following:
- Sometimes his jokes are offensive and go too far.
- The movie was too violent. It went too far.
food for thought
Hollywood has made some good food-for-thought movies.
When something is food for thought, it has lots of good ideas worth thinking about. Notice the following:
- That book has lots of food for thought.
- When she talks, she gives lots of food for thought.
Below are some more great lessons!
Cats vs. Dogs
If you had to choose, which one would you pick?
Six different people talks about jobs.
Athletes and Pay
Today athletes can make millions. Is it too much?
gross • detests • don't wish • associate