For dinner we have a special arrangement in the table.
When people or things are put in special order or position, it is called an arrangement. Notice the following:
- The seating arrangment in class is a half circle.
- There is a beautiful flower arrangement on the table.
We got like money from our elders.
Elders are older people such as our grand parents. Notice the following:
- It is important to respect your elders.
- I often get advice from the elders in my family.
for a rainy day
They want us to save money for a rainy day.
The phrase 'a rainy day' means a bad time when we need help. Notice the following:
- He is saving some money for a rainy day.
- I am keeping some cash for a rainy day.
They give the money to my mother and she allocates it.
'Allocate' means to give time, money, or things to one or more people or activities. Notice the following:
- Blankets and food were allocated to the homeless people.
- She usually allocates some of her free time for charity causes.
She's gonna expect some money from me.
When we expect something that means we think or believe it will happen. Notice the following:
- The weatherman expects it to rain tomorrow.
- Our teacher expects us to do well on the test.