Todd: Trevor, do you have a camera?
Trevor: Yeah, I have two cameras. I have a digital camera and a SLR camera.
Todd: OK, which one do you prefer?
Trevor: Recently I am using the digital camera a lot. I can make the photos on my personal computer.
Todd: OK. What do you like to take photos of?
Trevor: I like to take photos of people, mainly, sometimes landscapes but mainly people.
Todd: Now you mean your family or strangers?
Trevor: Oh, family and friends, sometimes strangers.
Todd: Oh, OK. Do you mind being photographed?
Trevor: No, I like it! No, I'm not shy.
Todd: OK. Do you smile when people take your picture?
Trevor: Sometimes, or I might make a silly face.
Todd: A silly face! OK. Um..what kind of pictures do you like to look at?
Trevor: I like to look at nice landscapes, and cityscapes.
Trevor: Yeah, photographs taken in the city.
Todd: OK. Great! And do you have pictures of yourself as a child?
Trevor: Oh, I've got a couple at home, but they're a bit embarassing.
Todd: OK. Do you have any pictures of your family in your wallet?
Trevor: Yeah, I've got a picture of my mum and dad.
Todd: Oh, Wow! Wow, that's nice! OK. Thanks, Trevor.
Sometimes I take photos of landscapes.
'Landscapes' are panoramic views of natural scenery. These would be photographs of mountains, trees or maybe farms. Notice the following:
- I love a mountain landscape.
- He took amazing photographs of the city, as well as landscapes in the country.
Do you mind being photographed.
You ask the question 'Do you mind...?'before you do something that might make another person uncomfortable. This is like asking 'Does it make you uncomfortable' or 'Is it a problem if I photograph you?' Notice the following:
- I know your husband is a vegetarian. Does he mind if I eat meat?
- Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?
I'm not shy.
A 'shy' person is very timid and doesn't like to be the center of attention. Notice the following:
- It will be very difficult for you to make new friends if you are so shy.
- She is usually very quiet and shy when she meets new people.
I might make a silly face.
When you move your face in a way to make people laugh, you are making a 'silly face.' Notice the following:
- Everyone made a silly face for the photograph.
- He made a silly face at the car next to him.
They're a bit embarrassing.
If you 'embarrass' another person you make her feel uncomfortable or self-conscious through what you say or your actions. Usually when a person is embarrassed her face turns red. Notice the following:
- Do you get embarrassed easily?
- My parents always embarrassed me when I was a teenager.
silly faces • embarrasses