Todd: So, Ruth, who is your favorite actor or actress?
Ruth: Oh, that's a good question. I think it definitely has to be Ewan McGregor.
Todd: Mm, yeah, he's pretty good.
Ruth: I really, really like him.
Todd: Why do you like him?
Ruth: Well, he's really, really good-looking. I think primarily I like him because he is so good-looking and he's just got really nice skin and really nice eyes and nice hair and so primarily I think it's his looks, although from what I've read in magazines and things, he seems like he is a nice guy as well.
Todd: What movie did you really enjoy that he made?
Ruth: Probably Moulin Rouge. That's probably my favorite because in Moulin Rouge he sings a song called Your song by Elton John and he sings it to this girl, and I just think, "Wow, imagine Ewan McGregor singing that song to you. That would just be absolutely phenomenal." I really like that, so although he's been in different things but that's probably my favorite.
Todd: Did you see him in Train Spotting?
Ruth: Yes, I did, yeah.
Todd: That's the first time I saw him and I thought that that was just a really good movie.
Ruth: It's a really good film.
Todd: You know when they showed that in the States a lot of people requested that it had like transcripts.
Ruth: No way.
Todd: Yeah, because the English was so difficult for American people to understand.
Ruth: That's really funny.
Todd: Isn't that funny.
Todd: Yeah, so, it's funny though cause now Ewan McGregor is Obi-One.
Ruth: That's true.
Todd: In the Star Wars movies.
Ruth: No, I'm not a Star Wars fan, actually but I would probably watch it just for Ewan McGregor.
Todd: Have you seen him in the other two?
Ruth: I just saw him in the first one.
Todd: Oh, really. Oh, yeah, he does a pretty good job.
Ruth: Yeah, he's good, he's good.
I think primarily I like him because he is so good-looking.
'Primarily' can be replaced with 'mainly.' It is used to show the most important reason for something. Notice the following:
- The focus of this groups is primarily to get new students used to the system here.
- It is primarily women who work out here.
He's got nice skin, nice eyes, nice hair, and so, primarily, I think it's his looks.
You 'looks' are your physical appearance or how attractive you are. Notice the following:
- It's easy to see where your son got his good looks.
- His looks come from his mother, but his musical ability comes from his father.
from what I've read in magazines
From what I've read in magazines and things, he seems like he is a nice guy as well.
You can use this phrase to talk about information that you have learned from reading a magazine. Notice the following:
- This is the latest fashion, going from what I've read in magazines.
- From what I've read in magazines, it appears their relationship is over.
a nice guy
Ewan McGregor seems like he's a nice guy as well.
A 'nice' guy is a good person. Notice the following:
- Many actors, although they are famous, are still really nice guys.
- He seems like an aggressive businessman, but he's actually a nice guy.
Imagine him singing that song to you, that would just be absolutely phenomenal.
Something that is 'absolutely phenomenal,' is amazing. Notice the following:
- You look absolutely phenomenal tonight.
- I think her new CD is absolutely phenomenal.
When they showed that movie in the States, a lot of people requested that it had like transcripts.
A 'transcript' is a written version of spoken language. When you read what is being said on elllo, you are reading a transcript.Notice the following:
- A transcript of the meeting was mailed to all the people who attended.
- The governments requires that we get transcripts of all phone conversations.
phenomenal • guy • transcripts