Todd: Jason, I saw that you have an amazing tattoo on your chest.
Jason: That's right, yeah, I'm not Yakuza though, so don't worry.
Todd:What's the reasoning behind the tattoo? Why did you get it?
Jason: I got the tattoo because I used to actually work as a tattooist, a long time ago but now I stopped that, so I can come traveling. I designed the tattoo myself. I drew it onto paper then I got my friend to actually tattoo it onto my body. I got a wolf really because I really love animals, and a wolf is my favorite animal.
Todd:So, you drew the tattoo.
Jason: I drew the tattoo, yeah.
Todd:Did it hurt when it was being sketched in your body?
Jason: Yeah, it did hurt, but tattoos can vary in amounts of pain depending where on your body it was. The chest is probably the worst place, which is where my tattoo is, so it hurt.
Todd:Why is the chest the worst place?
Jason: Because there's not much meat there, kind of, because there is a lot of bone. And, the closer to the bone it is, and the thinner the skin the more painful it's going to be.
What's the reasoning behind the tattoo.
The "reasoning" behind the tattoo is the intention, significance or purpose. Notice the following:
- There is usually reasoning behind his actions.
- What was your reasoning in call me tonight?
I designed the tattoo myself.
To "design" something is to plan how it will look and make a sketch of drawing of that plan. Notice the following:
- Who designed this building?
- He started designing clothes when he was 15 years old.
Did it hurt when the tattoo was being sketched into your body?
A "sketch" is an initial drawing of something. It is usually not as detailed or clear as a finished product. Notice the following:
- Can you make a sketch of your plan?
- She is always sketching in her notebook rather than taking notes
Tattoos can vary in amounts of pain.
If the pain of tattoos "varies" then it changes depending on the person and the location on the body. Notice the following:
- Her attitude varies from one day to the next.
- The temperature is basically the same all year. It doesn't
Because there's not much meat on the chest.
We use "meat" informally refer to muscle or sometimes fat on the body. Notice the following:
- My grandmother is always trying to put meat on my bones.
- It was a good thing the dog bit me in the leg where I have a
little more meat.