Steve: Hi, this is Steve. I'd like to talk about pizza. Pizza is my favorite food. I like it because you can have pizza every day and it can be different each time. My favorite toppings on pizza are pepperoni, mushrooms, basil, garlic. I like lots of cheese also.
Olives are really good on Pizza as well. I like pizza with a thick crust but I also like the crust to be somewhat crunchy. I know how to make pizza quite well and I think some of the best pizzerias that you can go to usually serve it with olive oil, chili's and parmesan cheese. That's how I like it.
Pizza is my favorite food.
'Pizza' is round, flat Italian food that has tomato sauce and cheese. It is cut into many triangle-shaped pieces and you eat it when it's hot. Notice the following:
- He makes excellent pizza.
- I really want to eat pizza for dinner.
My favorite toppings are pepperoni and mushrooms.
'Toppings' are the other foods that you put on a pizza besides cheese. These are usually vegetables and meat. Notice the following:
- You can choose three toppings to put on your pizza.
- What kind of toppings do you like on your ice cream?
I like lots of cheese also.
If you want a large quantity of cheese then you want 'lots of' cheese. Notice the following:
- He always eats lots of vegetables, but not much fruit.
- There is lots of food in this refrigerator.
Olives are really good on pizza, as well.
Another way to say 'also' or 'too' is 'as well.' Notice the following:
- His wife and children are coming this weekend as well.
- Would you like something to drink as well?
I like the crust to be somewhat crunchy.
'Somewhat' is the same as 'kind of.' In this case the crust is a little bit crunchy and a little bit soft. Notice the following:
- I'm somewhat busy right now.
- It's somewhat sunny out, but not best weather for the beach.
as well • somewhat